Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Style Watch with Pop Basic

Basics are all you need to dress up or dress down for any event and today's style watch features Pop Basic and how I styled myself in this business chic outfit for an occasion. 
This week I did a guest spot on Inside The Noise, a radio station hosted by two hilarious and witty actors, Chrissy and Barry right here in L.A.  I thought, oh I don't need to dress up or anything it's just my voice. But then I thought, wait, they're going to do photos and behind the scenes video, so I decided that I should probably put myself together. 

I went with a business chic lil number, and if you know me than you know I love being comfortable but there are times when I have to be trendy and professional, and this is my happy medium. I've been talking about Pop Basic for the past few weeks because it's something I recently discovered, so if we're friends and you've already heard this spiel it's ok, love me still ;) 

So unlike a normal subscription you hear about where they pester you each month, Pop Basic is something you check in at your leisure for their latest and greatest collections, and it's an awesome way to stay trendy but in the comfort of your own style preferences. I like being trendy but I struggle with it because being comfortable is just too strong of an emotion for me. So this month when I saw the basics they are featuring, I just really enjoyed the colors and how I knew I could style them so many different ways.  

They feature micro collections each month and this month is the Paloma collection, with it's grey leather clutch, and featuring a rose gold zipper. I accessorized this outfit with the Paloma clutch, and I don't usually wear clutches because they're too small to carry most of my things, but this clutch is pretty spacey. 

For the outfit itself, I took the Pop Basic white tee, tied it up on the side since my skirt is pretty scrunchy on one side, and paired it with my black asymmetrical skirt. Over top I threw on my Forever 21 black blazer, wore my Steve Madden strapped DeJaVu pumps, and popped on this beautiful necklace my friend Lindsay Albanese gave me. I finished off this business-y chic-y (is that a word?) look with my Urban Outfitters sunnies and off I went! 

Not featured in this photo is the 3rd basic that came in this month's Pop Basic delivery, a grey striped infinity scarf. It's a bit warm here in L.A. so I opted out of the scarf, but when I do style it with an outfit, I'll be sure to show you what I do with it! Each month they also send you a lil make up goodie as a treat and this month I got a strawberry lip gloss that doubles as an awesome lip balm!

Probably the only fashion thing I'm fairly good at is dressing up and dressing down my basics, they're versatile and no matter how you outfit them, they're comfortable and that's important to me. What's your favorite style of clothing to wear, your go to look?

I'll link everything I'm wearing just click on the item in my description and it'll let you shop the look. Pop Basic also has a referral program so here is mine to you :D $15 your collection here! And they offer free shipping world wide so if you get the Paloma collection, tag me on Twitter or Instagram so I can see how you styled your basics!

So that's my style watch for today, see you next week when I'll talk about crop tops and how obsessed I am with them. Any styles you obsessed with as of lately? Let me know, I love hearing from you all! Oh and if you want to see me talking about this in my video blog, it's live on my YouTube channel here

Have a beautiful day!


Jess


























No comments :

Post a Comment