Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Festival Fashion!

It's festival season! With our Burning Man and Coachella, and the umpteen other festivals happening this summer I thought I'd share with you my all time staple festival fashions, and carry along must haves! Since I'm headed to Uforia Fest next month with my FLAMA fam bam (which I hope to see you at), here are some things that I will make sure to pack with me. Grab your satchel and let's do it!



First up is a hat!
- A big ol' summer friendly, sun blocking floppy hat! I have a few I wear each summer and I always end up buying a new one, but floppy hats are fashionable and necessary if you want to see the stage and save your face ;) -Some sunnies, preferably the mirrored kind, because let's be real, mostly sunglasses are for looking at butts and partially for protecting our eye holes. 

     Now if you know my personal style than you know I've included a kimono of some sort and next month I'll be wearing my most recent favorite!

- A black mesh kimono I got from Wasteland, it goes with everything, it's light and airy, and it really does scream 'We're at a festival wooo'! 

     For the outfit part of it I'm going with something that allows for a breeze but something still cute yet comfortable. 
     So I'm going with a high waisted skirt, a mesh cool white crop top, and a black bandeau for underneath. Combat boots are a must for both walking around in a bunch and to protect my feet from being trampled on by the people around me. 
     So now for the goodies I pack with me. I always bring two bags, a satchel and a fanny pack. Yes you read that right, a fanny pack haha. I'm bringing those back, I don't' know why they ever went out of style. 

Some staples to have on hand!
- Water! Hydrate hydrate hydrate. All that cheering, singing along, and walking, will make you very parched. I always carry along some Emergen C packets with me to pop in my water and now I'm hydrated and healthy! 
-A hair tie, a couple of them actually, for when I'm sick of my hair and I want it up and out of my face. 
-Foot spray! Sounds cooky but you'll thank me when all around you smell B.O. and your feet smell like peppermint and feel super refreshed. 
-Sunscreen: Even though you'll have your big ol' floppy hat and your sunnies for eye and skin protection, you still have to wear some sun screen. I love love Arcona's sunscreen, it smells like cucumbers and is amazing for your skin (fruit derived)
- A makeup setting spray. Yes! You'll be in the heat and sun for extended periods of time, dancing around, hugging people, give your makeup a spritz before you head out to make sure your makeup stays all day long! I love Urban Decay's setting spray as it keeps your skin cool and your makeup put!
- Deodorant: Back to that B.O. we were talking about, you don't want to be that person! I always carry a travel sized deodorant with me..just in case ;)
- Dry shampoo. Now this may seem a lil odd but hear me out. Some festivals require that you camp out where the festivities are happening, that means usually no daily showers. So to avoid itchy heads and smelly scalps (ewww), I carry Detox's dry shampoo with me. They have a travel sized one, perfect for toting around, it smells so fresh and so clean, and it gives your hair some OOMMPPHH! 
-Lip oil.  Or limp balm, which ever tickles your fancy, this is Hourglass's lip oil, it has 19 essential oils in it, like whoa! It has a copper tip that adds a cooling effect and I like that I don't have to stick my hands near it at all…germs. I'm a germaphobe so the fact that it just pumps out and I can swipe it on…win!
-Rose water! I live by this stuff. Rose water is a great skin refresher for throughout the day, especially on hot days and it smells fresh and Whole Foods carries a smaller bottle so you can pop it in your fanny pack and roll out ;)

     And I think you're set! These are some of the things I carry with me when I go to music festivals or art walks. Some staple items to keep me calm and cool. I always carry some almonds or a food bar with me also to fight off any hulking out 'hangry' moments. The satchel is great for all the carry sized things and the fanny pack is wonderful to keep your personal items personal. 

     Festival fashion is always so fun to switch up. Sometimes I'm rocking the kimono and high waisted skirts, and other times I'm dancing around in my cut off shorts and crop tops :D It really is all about what makes you feel comfortable and confident, and the things that make you happy…..like foot spray! lol

     So I hope to see some of you next month at Uforia Fest! Let me know what some staple festival or to go items are and I'll see you right back here soon! 


hugs and high fives, 

Jess



No comments :

Post a Comment