Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Collection Styled by me! Ahhh!

 I'm still screaming over this! I am so so excited to finally share with you a collection that I curated, all of the styles I love and wear. From picking out the outfits myself, to styling them, naming them, and hand writing out their packaging post cards, I'm beyond over joyed to give to you my #Glamistree collection. 




 If you've ever liked anything about my style, you can now shop the entire look featured, or individually pick out your favorite pieces. I had such a blast with my team going downtown L.A. and finding the perfect spots to photograph each look. 

 Ever since I started my channel back in  2009 I've always wanted to do something that was very close to me, something I could launch that I really stood behind....a makeup line, a skincare line, a clothing line...something. And this is it! 

 How did it all start?? Well by the power of the internet, Glamistree reached out to me about doing a collaboration, but we were both wondering how we could merge the two brands so that they stayed true to each original concept. Then I was like hey I love fashion (never said I was great at it, but I know what I love) and they're like hey we DO fashion! I loved so much that they wanted this to be a very personal experience for me and for my audience. They made sure everything was true to my brand from the packaging and postcards, down to the details of each look. 

 So then I got to shop their entire warehouse, from existing styles to not yet featured ones, and let me tell ya, I was in fashion Heaven!!! To be able to touch each dress, and get a feel for the fabric and the quality, and to put my own personality and brand behind them makes me so unbelievably proud. 

 After I chose out my favorite 15 looks of my first collection, I then styled each of them as I would wear them personally. I hand picked all of the accessories from head bands to bangles, I named them quirky names like the "Purrrfectly Blanc Bombshell", and then wrote out each description for each look. The last step in putting this all together was taking the outfits downtown and photographing them in all the beautiful places there. Viktorija Pashuta was our photographer and I'm absolutely obsessed with her, she made me feel so comfortable and I love the photos so much! 

 My most favorite part about teaming up with Glamistree is our "Try before you buy" policy! You get to try up to 2 looks for up to 5 days, in the comfort of your home, at no charge. I love this because you get to try on the entire look and make up your mind without the pressure of purchasing something you're not in LOVE with! And you'll love them all, I promise, I know I do! You can then pick and choose piece by piece your favorite items, or buy the entire look! 

 Another amazing thing is that Glamistree is not a subscription service so unlike a lot of other fashion sites out there, you're not paying to check out any of my collections. I really love that. I don't think anyone should have to pay for something they don't love because I know I wouldn't. 

 And lastly, but the most important part of all of this to me, is that I get to give back. Not heavily advertised (because at what point do I share with the world what I want to do with my brand, like really do with it), is that a percentage of my proceeds will be donated to supporting shelters that help women and children escape abusive homes. I don't think anyone knows this about me unless they know my past, something I don't talk about a lot but would like to start doing. I know what it's like to be in an abusive home. I know why people, both men and women, stay in them. I know what it's like to be depressed and have no one to talk to or turn to. And I know what it's like to feel trapped like you have no where to go. 

 So it makes me so happy to share with you a collection I'm so close to, and a cause that I'm so passionate about. Thank you for always supporting what I do, watching my videos, reading my words, and now dressing yourself in styles picked out by me, and thank you for supporting causes I hold dear to my heart. 

 You can check out my entire collection by clicking here, so head on over to the site, and please tag me (@jess_lizama and @glamistree) with the hashtag #Jess&Glamistree so I can see how beautiful you look in the looks and how you chose to style them yourself! 



 This is my Glamistree Glam squad! My daughter Corrine (who also shot all the BTS), my new all time favorite people Monique, and Ash, and this is us doing a 'that's a wrap' jump! I love them all so much and I'm so honored to be a part of it all, thank you Ash and Monique for this opportunity! 


 A sneak peak at some of the looks I put together up on the site now. Check out the names I gave them ;) You'll love the descriptions even more! 



 Because I can never be serious. 




 All the love,


 Jess




















No comments :

Post a Comment