Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Trends: The Metallic Touch and the New Wave- On Trend On A Budget!


So I've been evoking Fall weather to come around sooner than later with my wishful thinking and playing 'layered dress up' in this L.A. heat!!! There are just so many things I love about the Fall season beyond pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING, cooler weather, and the holidays of course. I love Fall fashion…I love layering, I love finding my own style among all of the styles that come out that's unique to my personality. I am in no means a professional stylist, I won't even claim to know what I'm doing, but I do know what I like and I know I like to stay on trend and on a budget! 



I researched forever, the new styles in both fashion and beauty that we can expect to see this Fall season. Taking it from "the runway to the hallway" as I like to call it, I got SO inspired to combine them, two at a time and show you using all drug store brand makeup products. You can use whatever brand or product you have or love, but I just want to show that you can totally stay on trend and stick to a budget. Thank you Glamour, Cosmo and the umpteen other places I googled and searched to find these for you all. I was a research machine! The Metallic Touch makeup look will be everywhere this Fall season, it's just adding a touch of shimmer to your look. Whether it be to your eyelids, the inner corner of your eyes, or even your lips which I did here. You choose how you want to glimmer and so I chose all three! And the New Wave hairstyle, another popular one for this Fall season is a spin on classic bohemian wave look, but with a bit more polish to it. If you want to see how I did this look head on over to my channel here and watch how I combine both looks to bring you this! 



 I had an event to go to this day so I wore this hair and makeup look with a very classy sophisticated dress that I've had for a while but didn't know what do to with. It's this blue chiffon, sleeveless, A-line dress that features this high neck ribbon tied back.  I belted it with this beaded belt from Francheska's boutique, wore navy blue tights underneath, and for my shoes I wore my daughter's Oxfords from Aldo's in Ox Blood (she's the coolest). It's a very sophisticated and chic look, I pinned my hair back for a different look than I'm used to and headed out the door! 




For my makeup: The Metallic Touch

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation stick in 220
Maybelline concealer in Buff Chamois 
Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in Cocoa
Loreal Miss Manga voluminous mascara 
NYX eyeshadow pot in Top Notch 
Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid eyeliner 
Physicians Formula shimmer strips palette in Warm Nude 
Maybelline Fit Me blush in Medium Pink
NYX lip liner in Natural #810
EOS lipbalm


For my hair: The 'New' Wave 
Dove pure care dry hair oil 
Dove hair therapy hair spray
Con Air 1 inch barrel curling iron

For specifics on who when where why and how, head on over to my channel, it's a quick 5 minute look that you can do to feel beautiful, stay on trend, and stick to that budget! That's a triple threat if I ever did see one! I hope you enjoy this look, this is look ONE of SIX. So next will be the 'Off duty ballerina' paired with the 'Line Dance' makeup look, the 'lashes out' and the 'braids and twists', the 'glow getter' and the 'pony tails rule', the 'bare minimum' and the 'center stage', 'color theory' and the 'gym sleek', and the '60's Inspired' paired with the 'Mod Squad' makeup look. I cannot wait to show you these looks and my spin on them. I'm also pairing each tutorial with an outfit so you can see how I wear the look out and about, what my Fall fashion will look like when I do these looks, and how easily you can do them too! 

I'm really excited for this series and to share them with you, so thank you so much for reading, and happy Fall season to youuuu! *me evoking Fall again*



Hugs, 

Jess





No comments :

Post a Comment