Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall look 2: The Line Dance and The Off Duty Ballerina!

Hello! Welcome back for part 2 of 6 of our #StayingOnTrend&StickingToABudget Fall inspired look book! Each week I'm taking one makeup trend and one hairstyle trend that you'll see this Fall and putting them together with a full look! Today is a sleek and simple look, taking the top knot and the smokey eye and pairing them together for a casual business meeting. 


The 'line dance' makeup look is just like your everyday liner look, which ever you choose as your go to- it's just a bit heavier and more consistent in form, with pencil on top pencil on bottom, or liquid on top liquid on bottom. Whether you wing it out, make the line thin or thick, it's all about the liner and less about the rest of the face. I opted to go with my pencil kohl liner on both top and bottom, and per the usual I would wing it out a bit at the ends but this time I didn't. Instead I smudged it with a slanted brush and swept a golden brown color under my bottom lashes, kept my lips pretty neutral, and also unlike me, I PUT MY HAIR UP! Like what?! 



Yes I totally put my hair up today! I'm a hair down kinda girl....everyday. But this 'off duty ballerina' is just a top knot, clean version of a bun. More sleek, less loose pieces, more spray! It took me about 30 seconds to achieve this top bun and about 30 pounds of hairspray ;) I used my fingers to comb through my hair pulling it all up in a pony tail and then by method of 'twist, turn, tuck' I achieved the look you see here :D Then I popped on my Free People head piece and my hair and makeup was done! 

For my outfit to go with this hair and makeup look, I kept it casual and comfortable with my JustFab jumper and jacket, and my Calvin Klein snake print pumps. Best day look and in under ten minutes from head to toe, I think I've accomplished the impossible! For the tutorial on this look, head on over to my beauty channel here where I show you step by five minute step just how to get this look, and all under $20! I used all drug store brand makeup with the exception of my eye liner which is from Makeup Forever. For the life of me I couldn't find my Revlon one bah!

Makeup items for this look: 
Sonia Kashuk Luminous foundation in Buff Chamois
Pro Conceal concealer in light 
Makeup Forever eyeliner pencil in Zero
Physicians Formula Shimmer Palette
Loreal Voluminous black mascara by Miss Manga
ELF contouring blush and bronzing powder duo 
EOS lip balm 
Dove hairspray

Thank you for sharing part of your afternoon with me! Happy Fall makeup happenings and I'll see you next week for 'Bare Minimum' and the 'Gym Sleek', oh yes....the gym sleek. Let's do this!


Bear hugs, 

Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment