Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Thursday, August 14, 2014

How to get sexy summer time legs!

What a title huh?! Not just summer time legs, but SEXY summer time legs ladies! So something I've been seeing floating around is this coffee grounds craze....coffee making your skin glow, coffee making your clothes cleaner, coffee disintegrating your cellulite....wait what?! Yes, scrubbing away cellulite with coffee grounds, sounds crazy but let me tell ya..


Ok so I made up the part about coffee making your clothes cleaner ;) But the part about it scrubbing your cellulite away....well that part was true. I think. I'd like to believe any way. So this is the scoop, I made these coffee bars (pictured above is my happy face as I run off to take a shower and scrub my butt down ha literally), as I read in a boat load of places that coffee grounds will help with cellulite. 

No matter how much I work out or eat right, it's just not in my gene pool to have tight toned skin behind my legs, just not happenin'. So I've done a few things to make me feel sexier when I don bikinis and here's how. The coffee scrubs, I've been using them for the past few months and I swear by them now, the reason I feel they work is because you're scrubbing and exfoliating your legs, therefore improving over all circulation, making your skin soft and smooth, and coffee is a diuretic so when you apply it to the skin topically, it releases the water from your cells, less water, less bumpage...less bumpage, lessens the appearance of cellulite. 


No I'm not obsessed with perfect legs...ok maybe just a lil bit. I work out so I like to feel and see the difference, but my legs biologically were created for climbing coconut trees okay, so technically it isn't even my fault that they suck. Haha I'm just saying I use all the help I can give myself to feel good about myself and a lil scrub a dub bin in the shower with the bars helps. Then afterwards I use a body oil, been obsessing over Salma Hayek's Nuance jojoba dual phase body oil. It has coconut oil and passionfruit oil in it, like whoa. Feels amazing on my skin, absorbs quickly, and then I rub a body BB cream all over my legs. 


Yup you heard read correctly, BB cream for your body. Thanks Jergens, pretty brilliant. A light weight fast absorbing, light reflecting, slightly sparkly lotion that hydrates and illuminates. 





About 3 times a week I'll use the Tarte maracuja oil brazilliance self tanning lotion, it's amazing, gives you a natual looking very subtle tan, and get this, it DOESN'T smell! Ugh I hate self tanning smells, smells like burning plastic. This stuff actually smells awesome sauce. And lastly, on those days that I'm running out in a bikini having had pizza for dinner and not working out for a few weeks (this is more often than not), I will hit my legs with a few quick sprays of a self tanning perfecting spray like the Sally Hansen airbrush legs. Literally makes your legs look airbrushed, just be sure to moisturize other wise you just look tan and ashy. 

So for the coffe bars you'll need: 
6 TBLspoons of coffee
5 TBLspoons of white sugar
2 teaspoons of corn starch
2 teaspoons of baking soda
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 TBL of melted coconut oil

Mix all of the ingredients together in a big ol' bowl and take a spray bottle with water in it and dampen the mixture (about 10 spritzes) but DO NOT dissolve the ingredients, you're just trying to have them stick together well not melt. 

Then use a mold of some sort (I use cupcake trays and this mold lasts me about 3-5 showers worth) and then press firmly into the mold and leave em in the fridge over night and walaaaa! 

I like to use the bars in the shower before I shave my legs, just rub gently in circular motions, kind of massaging the area. Tis awesome! 

Is this a bit much to do just because you have a bit of cheese on your legs or your booty...yes, but do I love it and feel it's necessary...yes...do I regret scrubbing my butt...no ;)

TMI I know, but I'm real with you here so those are some tricks for those sexy summer time flawless legs. See ya next week for secrets on summer time beach hair! A whole month of summer time hacks! 


Hapa hugs, 

Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment