Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weekend sunforgettable moments

See what I did there? ;) I know, I'm pretty smooth right. So this weekend we joined my FLAMA fam bam at Uforia fest in LA where we saw performances by Becky G., Kid Cudi, and others and it was a blast! I love festival season, I love festival crowds, the food, the dancing, and the fashion! Lets hold hands and frolic on the grass.


So if you didn't know, I have a YouTube channel, click here to check it out, and well I have 3 of them actually. And I love that I'm able to work with the amazing companies like Univision where I get to create original content for them on FLAMA, all the while working with some of my uber talented friends, some of which you see here <3


This is my Joe, Steve Greene, Nikki Limo (she's my most favorite) and Eric Jimenez. 

So before I jump into all of our Uforia fest.  shenanigans, and how we really did frolic around, let me tell you the goods first. What I had with me, on me, annnnd in my fanny pack. Ha I love that thing! So first thing's first, I am a tan girl who loves being tan but hates the sun on my face. I'll be the ONLY one on the beach under an umbrella and covered up like it's winter...in the middle of summer. 

1. So of course I bring a big ol' floppy hat with me like this here. I love that it shades my face, keeps the sun out of my eyes, and also goes great with my get up! Winning! 

2. The perfect plum rose colored round Lauren Conrad sunnies here. My friend and celebrity stylist Lindsay Albanese gave these to me, I love adding the celebrity stylist to her name because I'm so stinkin proud to call her a friend. andshestylesmeyayyy! They're stylish, give ultraviolet protection, and shade my eyes so I'm not squinting all day.

3. I won't leave home without sunscreen. And my wallet. I love this Colorescience SPF 50 powder sunscreen here, because it's perfect sized, you just toss it in your bag or tote and you're always protected. Literally. I love that it's a powder so I can dust it over my makeup and it takes away the shine and gives me sun protection. I even get Joe to put it on because he hates lotions. Trickin' him to wear sunscreen one day at a time ;)  

4. Also a festival favorite of mine are these Bath & Body Works spearmint lip shine here, and their mini hand sanitizer here. Because one, a lip gloss is a girl's go to, and two, well the bathroom sitch at these kinds of events can leave you feeling mooky and like you need to take a bath in some sanitzer. 

5. Fun festive bangles like these here, also a gift from Lindsay, they were pearl colored and I loved how they were the perfect accent to the color in my kimono! Accessories accessories. 

6. Breezy, colorful, patterned kimono because well it's not a festival without a kimono in my opinion. I love the flow of them, how they pair well with everything, and they can take a super casual outfit and dress it up just a bit. Fun flare! I got this one at a crafts fair but any colorful kimono will do the job! 

7. And last but definitely not least, this light up headband is everything. Also a gift from Lindsay...yes she's an angel actually. I felt like such a fire fly floating around the grounds with my glow in the dark floral head piece. I was a fairy guys. A real fairy! I'm not sure where she got this one, but if you pop 'light up floral headband' into google, you'll find a ton! They're the most fun to have at any night time outdoor event. 

Okay, now back to the shenangians! Oh, PS I kept almost all of this in a fanny pack. It was a definite must have! 

Okay okay, so this is me and Jocelyn, she won the Flama contest and we got to spend the day with her filming all kinds of fun stuff including a sriracha taco eating contest, and spoiler alert...I WON! hahaha Video will be live on their channel soon! Check out other comedy sketches I created from them here



Some things we did besides laugh our butts off and film a ton of fun sketches, we dancing around to music, Nikki and I frolicked on the grass like hummingbirds, yes an oxymoron I know, we were having so much fun! Eating all the food from the food trucks, partaking in beverage drinking, singing, dancing, and merriment. I love festivals. 

And this is me walking to the car before the festival, please note my fanny pack just casually on my hip and my headband ready to go! So much fun! If we met at the Uforia festival and you got a picture with me, please tag me (@jess_lizama) on Twitter or Instagram, I'd love to make a collage with them!



I hope you get to go out to at least one festival this summer, let me know in the comments if you are or if you have! I love hearing stories!


Hugs from me to you, 


Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment