Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Saturday, April 5, 2014

All natural skin tonic in a spritzer!

When I say tonic I don't mean the beverage type unfortunatley. Leaving that for another post oh don't your worry, but when I say tonic I mean skin tonic. A spritzer for your face. A natural, home made, DIY toner that smells fantabulous (that's fantastic married to fabulous), and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and looking brighter! Spring time is in full force here in LA, the air is colder and my skin is more dry than ever, so if you need a pick me up, this one's for you!


I chose to use a few ingredients that I already had in my kitchen, you can literally make so many different toners and spritzers with the fruits and veggies in your fridge. Next time we'll make a green tea with vitamin E one! 

For today I used cucumber, lemon, aloe vera gel, and rose water. Each of these ingredients individually have so many benefits to them and the smell was so refreshing thanks to the cucumber, and the feel was incredible, thanks to the rose water, aloe vera, and lemon! I was all kinds of glowy! 

What you'll need: 
- 1 small cucumber (skin tightening, improves complexion, gives you a glow, and the seeds are rich in Vitamin E & potassium which reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice- just the teeniest of squeezes (skin brightening, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties great at treating blemishes)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel (hydration, soothing, aids in hyper-pigmentation, natural moisturizer)
- 2 TBL spoon rose water (rejuvenates, tones, full of antioxidants, natural moisturizer)

What you'll do: 
Once you've peeled your cucumber, toss it into the blender until it's blended enough to strain the juices from. I used a napkin and poured the cucumber mesh into it and then strained it into a bowl using my hands and one tight grip. Then add in the lemon juice, aloe veral gel, and rose water. I poured everything back into the blender to give it another mix, and then poured the mixture into a spritzer bottle and vualaaaa!

Refrigerate and enjoy! 

You can omit the lemon if you're going to be in the sun all day, the sun and lemon don't mesh well together, so save the misting for when you're inside and need a good pick me up! Try making this, as I did or with lavender and vitamin E. I think later this week I'll make a green tea with vitamin E and rose water one. Hmmmm.

Have a beautiful day beautiful!

xo






No comments :

Post a Comment