Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Friday, April 4, 2014

The super fruit, super charged, energizing smoothie!

I've been on a smoothie kick lately, just throwing everything I have into my blender and enjoying these yummy treats for breakfast or as post workout recovery fuel. Today's smoothie recipe is my new all time favorite. I used Pitaya which is a super fruit... dragon fruit! We're getting fancy! This antioxidant rich, vitamin packed, energy boosting recipe will leave you feeling refreshed, refueled, and re-energized! Isn't the color just so pretty!? Go grab your blender and run to the kitchen!



I had some Pitaya packets in my freezer and decided to make a smoothie with this superfruit. 

The yummies:
- 1 packet of Pitaya (superfruit, purges harmful toxins from your body, high in fiber, low in sugar, jam packed with antixidants, vitamins, and promotes healthy skin)
- half of a banana (potassium, magnesium)
- 1 TBL spoon unsweetened coconut shreds (fiber, vitamins, minerals, calcium)
- 1 cup almond milk (iron & riboflavin which aid in muscle growth and healing)
- 3 to 4 strawberries (antioxidants, vitamin C, heart healthy)
- handful of blackberries (Vitamin K, reduces inflammation)
- few mint leaves (aids in digestion, great source of several essential minerals)
- 1 TBL spoon chia seeds (rich in antioxidants, minerals, fiber)

I put everything into the blender, blended until smooth and then topped it off with some more coconut shreds and mint leaves. No ice was needed since the Pitaya packet came straight from the freezer and I freeze my bananas so they make my smoothies extra creamy! Try that trick out! The smoothie was sweet enough as is, but if you wanted to drizzle in some agave for added sweetness, I think it'd be the bees knees! 

This was really yummy, filling, and the mint made the taste even tastier than I thought. Try it out, let me know your thoughts, and if you make this or make a version of it, tag me on Instagram or Twitter :D Jess_Lizama 

A very healthy, happy day to you!

Jess




No comments :

Post a Comment