Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Getting my fix!

Hi! I know it's been a bit since I've written a post on here, so much is going on, so lets catch up! If you watch me on YouTube than you know I'm vlogging daily on my channel now. Click here to check those out, it's 'vlog a day in May', which means I pick up my camera every day and video blog my life. I'm used to doing comedy, writing sketches, being impersonal about things so this is very different for me, but I like it! Also I started a blog with my daughter Corrine, click here for it, it's called spoiledpeaches.com and she and I take turns over there writing posts. It's a way for she and I to stay connected while she is away at college so I'm starting now! So today I'll share with you my style watch for the week, it's a few pieces I received from Stitch Fix. 


So Stitch Fix is a monthly service that I subscribe to, where a personal stylist sends me a box of clothes that fit my style profile, my sense of style, and that are on trend. Now if I'm not being styled by someone on set, or my daughter doesn't help dress me, I do not know fashion. I would live in uggs and sweats if it weren't for monthly little packages being sent to me, dressing me up. 

The dress above is one of the 3 pieces I kept from the box and I sent the rest back. It's convenient for me since they include a return bag and label, just to pop in what I don't want to keep and send back. The clothes come once a month and I can choose to keep and pay for the pieces I want, or send it all back. The monthly fee I pay for that service is $20, but I usually make that back in purchases as the stylist that I have knows my style pretty well I think. 

Here are some of the other items that came in this months shipment. They send 5 things at a time, 4 pieces of clothing, usually 2 tops, a dress or skirt, a pair of jeans or slacks, and an accessory of some kind. 






So I ended up just keeping the skinny jeans, the dress I'm wearing, and the arrow cuff bracelet. The two tops were not really my style, a lil too loose fitting and plain for something I would host in, yet too dressy for my normal casual lifestyle. So I sent the two blouses back and the things I kept they automatically charged me for upon receipt of my return. Pretty awesome service! 

What I like most is that I don't have to think about what's on trend, what's up and coming, I set it all in my style profile, I switch it up sometimes from business casual, as seen above, to dressy, or sometimes I go super boho and only request flowy skirts and off the shoulder tops. Check out the service if you need a lil help like me, let me know what you think! And if you're already a member, let me know what was in your fix this month!

See you here later next week and over on our spoiledpeaches.com blog. 

Stay awesome!


Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment