Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

How To Keep Your Skin Young

So being the mother of a 16 year old can make you feel really old. I mean I'm no spring chicken y'all! But I do a million different things to keep my skin looking and feeling youthful, radiant, and healthy. Here is my updated morning and night time skin care routines. Below is my fresh face with only ONE filter on it, I mean, it's as bare as it can get so I figured I'd help myself out with some lighting!

This takes about 3-4 minutes each day to complete and it's worth it! I mean hopefully my skin will look like this forever....or until I wake up looking like Freddie Kruger one day. You know what they say....Asian don't raisin...until one day, unexpectedly, we wake up looking 109!!!







1. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser here: I use this cleanser as an eye make up remover because it's so gentle, and the formula conditions your eyelashes. WIN!

2. Clinique 7 day scrub cream here: My go to daily exfoliant. Mild enough to use daily, gets the job done, doesn't irritate your skin

3. Dickinson's witch hazel toner here: I love this toner because it's the simplest solutions for dry, irritated, inflamed skin. Put some onto a cotton round, swipe it all over your face, and you're instantly refreshed. 

4. Rosewater here: I switch off between toners, the witch hazel and rose water. Rose water is a great daily moisturizer also and I'll often spritz it onto my face throughout the day for a lil pick me up! Toners remove any excess oil or dirt the cleanser left behind, removes residue, and preps your skin for your serums, moisturizers, and makeup

5. Rosehip oil here: Now I am obsessed with oils. Even if your skin is oily, or acne prone, or sensitive, it still needs a good oil. Often times people over dry their oily acne prone skin which only cause your pores to create even MORE oil. This is a cold pressed organic rose hip oil, it's light, it absorbs quickly, it's hydrating and nourishing to your skin, and it doesn't have your makeup sludge all over your face, it actually acts as a great primer under your moisturizer. A few drops, pat it gently into your face, and vualaaaaa!

6. Olay total effects eye cream here: I have always been an advocate of eye cream, it's a must as we age around our eyes the quickest. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest of all your face, it shows all of our emotion and happiness, so keep it hydrated. This is a great eye cream, inexpensive, and hydrates without leaving your feeling oily. Great under eye makeup

7. Neautrogena beach defense SPF 70 here: If there's one thing that will age you quicker than a bad life style and sleeping on your face at night, it's the sun. I wear SPF no matter what, especially on over cast days or on days when you don't think you need to....ya do. Uva protect you against aging rays and uvb protects you against burning rays. Get full spectrum when you can, you'll still tan except you won't burn. Burning is bad


So that is my morning every day, go to, skin care routine. Sounds like a ton but I promise it goes fast and you'll thank me later ;) I'll post my night time skin care routine in a few, I've got to get all the pictures together...oh the drama of getting a good picture of product. Hang tight sweet pea!

Stay young at heart and no one will be able to tell the difference ;)

xoxo- J















1 comment :

  1. you still look SO young! you forgot to mention that being asian definitely helps you stay looking young haha!

    ReplyDelete