Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Friday, May 30, 2014

Lovely Letters - A Snail Mail Exchange

Perhaps it's that I needed to remind myself to slow down, or that I love receiving actual letters in the mail that I can touch and read, or perhaps it's that I love surprises and meeting new people. Well in fact, it's all of that. I love meeting new people, especially when they are in another country, I love corresponding via snail mail, I love purchasing stamps, and I love the idea of these lovely letters. 





I joined the Lovely Letters snail mail exchange after suggestion by my amazing friend Esther, who one- is an amazing photographer and foodie, and two- inspired my daughter and I to start our mother/daughter blog. But more importantly, she and I have been exchanging snail mail since she moved from LA to Vegas a few months ago. It's such a refreshing gesture  that shows you're being thought of when friends reach out and say howdy, even when they have a gazillion other things happening in their own lives. 

Esther definitely does that, she's great at making you feel special and remembered. I thought I'd pay it forward and chime in on this pen pal thing and I'm loving it so far! I've only has the chance to correspond via email with my pal, who lives in the UK and her name is Adrienne. However, it's so awesome to get to know someone new, someone with a completely different life, in a completely different environment, in a completely different country! 

She's a few years older than my daughter, in college, and I think it's funny that we all live in this great big world with our very own lives to worry about, but that we're all under the same blue sky. Think about it. Crazy right! So interesting to me that I now get to know someone I would under any other circumstances, not have gotten the chance to know. 

So if you love meeting new people, reading new blogs, writing, and snail mail, join us in the Lovely Letters snail mail exchange and get your pen pal! It's like a 'Paris Hilton's new bff', except less drama, more bff's, and no air time ;)....well except for the snail mail part. 

Lovely Letters Snail Mail Exchange

You can read more about Lovely Letters here from Esther and Lauren here, and sign up for May's exchange here. So grateful for friends like Esther and for new friends like Lauren and Adrienne!

Happy reading and writing to you all, hope to read about all of your exchanges and pen pal lovin' next time!

Hugs, 

Jess









No comments :

Post a Comment