Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Monday, May 26, 2014

My Beach Bag Essentials

Summer is upon us here in Los Angeles, thought it's usually warm and sunny, it's been especially warm lately and we've been finding ourselves at the beach or prowling for a pool to dip into a lot these days. Thought I'd share with you the things I pack with me each time, my beach bag essentials! You can pack this bag for the beach, to go pool side, or even for any time you hike or spend an extended period of time outside. These are just some of my must have items for my skin and lips to keep my protected, hydrated, and refreshed.



1. A beach umbrella: Any time I know i'm going to be in the sun for an extended period of time, I bring my umbrella. It's cute, it shades me, and it keeps me cool. I love the Asian pattern on this one, and I feel so kimono when I have it. haha

2. Harmless Harvest Coconut Water: If you know me than you know I love love love coconut water. Most coconut waters taste like butt though, not gonna lie, but this coconut water is LITERALLY like putting a straw in a coconut. If I don't like something you'll know, and this I LOVE. If you don't usually like coconut water, give this a try, I promise it'll change your mind about coconut water tasting like butt ;)

3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: The beach air, the sun, the water, it can all be uber drying to your skin and this spray is amazing. It's refreshing with it's citrus derivatives, it's calming and moisturizing, and smells AMAZE! A definite must try even if you don't have dry skin and just want to try something refreshing for a mid day pick me up.

4. The Body Shop Body Butter in Coconut: This body butter is perfect for summer time parched skin. It smells divine (yes coconut everything), it's travel size so it's great for your to go bag, your tote, and your beach bag. It's nice and thick but absorbs quickly, a little goes a long way, and it's rich without being oily.

5. Shiseido Urban Environment: This is my all time favorite SPF for your face. It's thin and light, quickly absorbed with no greasy feeling after you've applied it, great under makeup, and the SPF is high enough that it makes my heart happy :)

6. Rosebud Lip Balm Minted Rose: My most favorite lip balm, smells great, super hydrating, glossy, with no need to pack a lip liner or lipstick....WIN!

7. Harajuku Lovers G perfume: I've talked about this perfume a bunch of times, but this is my go to perfume, I keep a travel size in my clutch at all times. It's a light tropical coconut sweet but not too sweet of a scent. Weird description I know. But I love smelling good, and this one definitely does it for me. Sexy and lady like.

8. Canon Vixia Mini: This is my vlogging camera, compact, wide lens, easy to tote, and the perfect hand held camera. I love this vlog camera and literally don't leave home without it. All of my daily vlogs are shot on it.

9. Sunnies: The classic black sunnies, good for any and ALL occasions and protects your eyes. No squinting, no wrinkles ;)

10. Barbara's Snackimals: I love these lil suckers! Like a healthy animal cracker. I use the word healthy loosely btw. I like to incorporate the word into my vocabulary as much as possible, makes me feel like I'm ACTUALLY being healthier.

11. Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Lunch Pale: I initially purchased this for my daughter a year ago and she didn't use it so I'm making the most of it! I pack all of our picnic stuff, beach snacks, and pool side yummies in this sack and it's awesome. Nostalgic AND keeps my things nice and cool, love this!

You can check each of these out simply by clicking the name of the product :D 

So what do you pack when you go to the beach or pool side? I think my next post will be on our hiking essentials since we've done a few big hikes these past few months. But with this warm weather I wanted to give you what I have with me right now. Literally....I'm posting this pool side in Palm Springs. My skin is burning off in this 110 degree weather but I can't complain. We needed a mini vacay from LA, and I pool time is always a good time!


The dress above is my new favorite cover up, it's flowy and feminine, it's from The Muheeka Collection. It's very Princess like and I can wear it over my bikini or wear a body suit beneath it and feel like a Queen on a night out. 

My favorite accessory, and the only one I'll wear to the beach or pool side is this beachy star fish beaded necklace from Kai Blue Designs. It's dainty and I love how it adds just a splash of color, very beach themed, and delicate enough to wear with any outfit, especially on my beach days. Not to mention the designer of this collection is one of my best friends and she's incredibly talented. Check out the rest of her designs if you love beach themed jewelry and hues of blue! 

And a very happy and safe Memorial day to all of you, I'm remembering our fallen soldiers today and grateful for our men and women in the armed forces currently. Proud Army brat! 

xoxo

Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment