Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Drugstore Dupes!

Drugstore products comparable to their high end twinsie products!

Soooo unless you just really love spending money on a ton of beauty products or just really love a particular name brand makeup item, I think there is a cheaper AND just as fabulous dupe out there. To prove it, here are my picks for best bank friendly dupes!


Foundation. Foundation is well- the foundation of your makeup, the base of your face - I realize I'm turning into a rapper here, but you're pickin up what I'm layin down.





Makeup Forever's High Definition Foundation ($42):
  • creamy
  • goes on smooth
  • has build able coverage
  • will last you five-ever (that's longer than forever)
Maybelline's FIT me shine free foundation stick ($8) 
  • anti- shine core
  • fraction of the cost
I decided to give it a go. Ladies it's the same as the HD foundation. Yes it requires a bit more in the application, but it too is build able and gives amazing coverage. I applied it over a primer and it was smooth as silk AND blended like a peach.
Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer ($32):
  • one of my all time favorite concealer
  • super creamy, rich, and smooth
  • doesn't settle into fine lines
  • the kicker - it's $32 for a small stinking tube
Time Balm ($13)
  • you can get for half the cost and it is totally comparable to the Hourglass
  • totally the same experience in my experience
  • nice and creamy, nice AND cheap-errrrr

Mascara! Ya know, if they banished me to a deserted island and they said I could only bring one beauty product, it would be mascara. And sunscreen. Ok and lipbalm. That's 3 but who's counting. 

I live for eyelashes. I have a video coming soon for the best at home eye lash serum! Stay tuned! In the mean time, if you love Tarte's Lights Camera Flashes ($23), than you'll love Rimmel's Accelerator mascara ($8)

Similar bristles, great formula, didn't leave fall out, AND it's a lash accelerator. Put down the Latisse and walk toward the dollar isle ladies! I will always be in favor of Loreal Voluminous because it's the best that ever was, BUT if you're asking for a dupe, the Rimmel is.just.like.the.Tarte.

Annnnnd body care. Because we care about our body, but more importantly, about the scent! That's me anyway! And I LOVE anything coconut!!!! 

So naturally I'm obsessed with The Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter ($20), but honestly, Trader Joe's Coconut body butter ($10) is everything. 

Scent is the same, same consistency, same hydration, same same same. But price. Price is different. And price is everything for certain things in life.


So go ahead, give these a try and tell me your favorite drugstore dupes! I dooooo have a video coming out about this topic for you watchers out there! But for my readers, I'm glad my words can land here and you enjoy reading them. I enjoy writing them :D And remember..........


Stay calm and buy a dupe. 


xoxo

Jess





















1 comment :

  1. Maybelline baby skin instead or porfessional by benefit??

    ReplyDelete