Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Friday, March 7, 2014

Naturally longer, thicker eyelashes

Yes you read that correctly, naturally!!!! So I get asked all the time if my eyelashes are real and yes there are real, butttt, there's a but. While I naturally have long lashes, they are very fine, and there are things I do to make them more better. No we don't use proper grammar here.

Well about a month and a half ago for like a good solid 2 weeks, I was just being lazy and not washing my makeup off before bed. Basically just leaving the tar that we call mascara on my lashes for beyond the amount of time you should have tar on your lashes. AND THEY STARTED TO FALL OUT! Ahhhhhhhh! (insert home alone scene here) 


Well now they are back, and in full force, I feel like I have Snuffleupagus lashes actually, and the following regime is what I did to get them back, and I did this religiously for a solid month! Seems like a lil over kill, and a shit ton of work but this is the trick! Also, I don't know about you, but to have your eyelashes fall out is just not a hot look to sport and I hate falsies, so onward we go.







So one, I made it a point to wash my makeup off before bed every night and I used Fresh Soy Cleanser as an eye makeup remover, because it's uber gentle and the formula in the cleanser conditions your lashes. WIN!

Then I put a drop of DHC's Olive Oil onto a clean mascara wand and brush it onto my lashes both top and bottom. I like DHC's oil because it's much thinner than a regular cooking olive oil (though that would probably work for you also) as it's super filtered and gets absorbed quickly. 



Brushing your lashes is like brushing your hair and it could all be in my head but I'm pretty sure it helped them grow quicker. Sounds a lil crazy I know, but I swear, comb those suckers!



I also started using a more moisturizing mascara. Rimmel's lash accelerator is comparable to Tarte's Lash Camera Flashes, except it's a more hydrating formula. My lashes don't feel super dry and brittle with it and it comes off easily. Ladies stay away from waterproof mascaras if you can, they are double the tar.

Lastly, I started taking Keratin for my hair and skin, and noticed a difference in my hair AND in my lashes. I already take spirulina shots in the morning, along with fish oil and vitamin E daily, for all of the reasons you should take these vitamins, and I'm telling ya, my hair, skin, nails, and eyelashes look and feel more healthy. 



If you know me than you know I'm all about coconut everything. And for as long as I can remember, I've been using it as a hydrating mask for my face, a body moisturizer, hair conditioner, and an eye lash conditioner. I swear by the stuff and I still swipe this onto my eyes before bed as an eye cream and eye lash conditioner. If nothing else, use some coconut oil on your lashes, hell, on your whole body, and you'll notice a difference. 

Natural means no chemicals, so no quick fix, this takes some time. Do this daily, be gentle with your skin and your lashes, and if you can go a few days giving your face a break from cosmetics, do it. 

The great part is you know the ingredients in what you're putting on your face now because there's only one ingredient. And there are a lot of products out there with crazy chemicals promising to make your lashes longer and thicker - MD lash factor, Latisse, Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For, knock off brands, there's a lot out there. And while these products probably work, I don't want to have to use a chemical on my lashes forever for it to work. 

So try this route first, I seriously noticed my lashes longer, thicker, and the sparse ones grew back. I hope this helps, I think lashes make your eyes look bigger, brighter, more awake, and more youthful. Give it a go why dontcha!

Bat those eyelashes girl!



1 comment :

  1. you should try washing your face with honey! :) i've been doing that and my skin feels great. haha that's the extent of my beauty knowledge.

    ReplyDelete