Beauty & the Blog - video, lifestyle, beauty, and a blog -

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chocolate raspberry chia seed pudding

Today I'm bringing you all the noms, with this easy, home made, healthy, and super delicious recipe! I took the traditional chia seed pudding recipe and added some of my personal favorites to create one of the yummiest treats this side of chocolate pudding!





 I always knew that putting chia seeds into your shakes was a good thing but I never knew why. Then I read up that you can make a ton of different things with this super food and that it's super rich in antioxidants and minerals, and it's a great source of essential fatty acids! Great post work out treat! 

It's also low in calories, low in sugar, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! Who knew! I decided to toss in cocoa powder and raspberries to make it extra satiating, and any time I can add chocolate to something I will! But you can experiment with your favorite ingredients and then post your creations here so I can see them!


So what you'll need:

- 4 TBSP Chia seeds (I like the texture so more chia seeds doesn't bother me)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 3/4 cup rasberries
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of cinnamon for extra antioxidant power
- and if you like your pudding sweet you can use some stevia or honey but I omitted it for this recipe

Then combine the chia seeds with the almond milk, raspberries, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a glass jar with a lid and give it a good shake to combine the ingredients well. Let that sit in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and then give it another good shake and refrigerate over night, or for 4-5 hours. Then vuala! Enjoy!




This made me about two hefty servings of the chia seed pudding and it made the most delicious breakfast! It's super filling, super healthy, and so simple to make. If I can do it, you can too, trust me. I hope you find it just as yummy as we did! In the interest of full disclosure, you should know, that this recipe was teen tested, mother approved ;)


Happy making, I have a post coming for you soon that's a home made sugar scrub for your face! Like whoa!!!



Have a beautiful day!



Jess

1 comment :

  1. This looks fantastic! We always just do plain coconut milk, but like the idea of adding the extra goodies!

    ReplyDelete